Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Sunscreen is a daily sunblock for the face which is one of the best lightweight sunscreens on the market. It’s a high SPF face sunscreen to provide better protection against harmful UVA and UVB sun rays.
It also acts as a skin brightening sunscreen without giving off a white cast on your face. It’s a long-lasting sunscreen with a beautiful glow finish that won’t easily slide off from your face. It is also a water-based and non-sticky sunscreen comfortable for your face which can act as a base for your foundation since it is a tinted sunscreen as well.
Besides that, it is a good natural sunscreen formulated from plants bio active. It is also a safe sunscreen for the face that won’t easily clog your pore, hence making it one of the best sunscreen for acne prone skin.
WHAT IS HYPER PIGMENTATION
Hyper pigmentation usually harmless condition in which patches of skin become darker in colour compared to the normal surrounding skin of the skin. The darkening occurs when an excess of melanin production, the brown pigment that produces normal skin colour, forms deposits in the skin. Hyper pigmentation can affect the skin colour of people of any race.
Age or “liver” spots are a common form of hyper pigmentation. They occur due to sun damage, and are referred to by doctors as solar lentigines. These small, darkened patches are usually found on the hands and face or other areas frequently exposed to the sun.
Melasma or chloasma spots are similar in appearance to age spots but are larger areas of darkened skin that appear most often as a result of hormonal changes. Pregnancy, for example, can trigger overproduction of melanin that causes the “mask of pregnancy” on the face and darkened skin on the abdomen and other areas. Women who take birth control pills may also develop hyper pigmentation because their bodies undergo similar kind of hormonal changes that occur during pregnancy.
Changes in skin colour can result from outside causes. For example, skin diseases such as acne may leave dark spots after the condition clears. Other causes of dark spots are injuries to the skin, including some surgeries. Freckles are small brown spots that can appear anywhere on the body, but are most common on the face and arms. Freckles are an inherited characteristic. Freckles, age spots, and other darkened skin patches can become darker or more pronounced when skin is exposed to the sun. This happens because melanin absorbs the energy of the sun’s harmful ultraviolet rays in order to protect the skin from over exposure. Figure 1 and 2 show the product picture.
TYPES OF PIGMENTATION
The most common causes of pigmentation are UV damage, hormonal changes and aging.
• Melasma: related to hormonal changes and sun exposure. Often seen during pregnancy or related to the contraceptive pill and other times of hormonal change. This condition tends to be genetic and have a family history.
• Dyschromia: a general reference to pigmentation of the skin.
• Hyperpigmentation: is related to a darkening of areas of the skin caused by increased melanin.
• Hypopigmentation: is a decrease in skin colour related to a depletion of melanin in the skin.
PROBLEMS RELATED TO HYPER PIGMENTATION
• Embarrassment: This disadvantage is known to occur in social life. When attending an event where socializing with people is requires, it would really destroy the self-confident and self-esteem when hyper pigmentation being the major problem and causing more attention. People will tend to stare on the pigmented area causing discomfort feeling.
• Stress: It’s obvious that hyper pigmentation will give out many disadvantages as far as the social life is concerned. However, the personal life can also be impacted by the skin condition. Failure in the social life would often bring sense of inferiority and stress into the mind.
• Health: When the stress gets very high, the overall health will be undermined. Lack of sleep due to stresses will cause pressure to mind and body. This will lead to many health problem and depression.
Melanin is a pigment that plays an important role in providing coloration and protecting human skin from the harmful effects of UV light radiation. Human skin colour is determined by the type and amount of melanin that are synthesized and deposited within the melanosomes. The transfer of these specialized membrane-bound organelles from melanocytes to surrounding keratinocytes also plays a role in dictating human skin colour..